Monday-Thursday: 9-13 and 14-17
Please call us for appointment
- Basic and preventive examinations, prescription of glasses, consultancy services for contact lens wearers
- Cataract: Preventive examinations incl. biometrics to calculate the lenses, consultancy services and supporting patients before and after surgery
- Glaucoma: State-of-the-art laser and computer-assisted diagnostics (visual field testing Octopus 900, OCT Spectralis) and therapy
- Laser treatments
- Paediatric ophthalmology
- Schools for eye training (orthoptics), strabismus assessment and treatments
- Myopia prophylaxis
- Macular degeneration (AMD): Diagnostics (OCT Spectralis) and therapy of dry and wet form
- Corneal topography and corneal thickness measurements (pachymetry)
- Diagnostics and therapy of diseases of the lacrimal apparatus
- Diagnostics and therapy of the «dry eye»
- Neuro-ophthalmology (eye movement disorders/paralysis)
- Expert opinion
- Ophthalmological examinations for driving licences of all classes/”MFK”-certificates (except for Medtraffic)
- Emergency treatment
Opening ophthalmologist practice, Picassoplatz 8 in Basel
- 2003 – 2007
Senior Physician, University-Eye Clinic Basel
Examiner of the Swiss Federal Medical Examinations Board
- 2002 – 2003
Deputy Senior Physician, University-Eye Clinic Basel
- 1998 – 2002
Assistant physician, University-Eye Clinic Basel
- 1998 – 2003
Dissertation (Internal Medicine)
- 1995 – 1997
Research Fellow, Laboratory for Ocular Pharmacology and Physiology · Research focus Glaucoma, University-Eye Clinic Basel, Prof. J. Flammer
- 1989 – 1995
Medical studies (Germany / USA / Switzerland)
- Published scientific articles (PDF, 70kB)
- Susac syndrome: a vasospastic disorder?
- Reduced thirst in patients with a vasospastic syndrome.
- Pupillary examination with infrared consumer videocamera.
- Hereditary systemic angiopathy (HSA) with cerebral calcifications, retinopathy, progressive nephropathy, and hepatopathy.
- Increased endothelin-1 plasma levels in patients with multiple sclerosis.
- Idiopathic isolated abscess in an extraocular muscle in a child.
- Increased endothelin-1 plasma levels in giant cell arteritis: a report on four patients.
- Increased plasma endothelin-1 levels in patients with progressive open angle glaucoma.
- Nitric oxide production by isolated human and porcine ciliary processes.
- Increased endothelin-1 plasma level in young adults with retinal vascular occlusive diseases.
- Effect of hospitalization on intraocular pressure in patients with high tension and normal tension glaucoma.
- Influence of red wine on visual function and endothelin-1 plasma level in a patient with optic neuritis.
- Spontaneous calcium-independent nitric oxide synthase activity in porcine ciliary processes.
- Transient raise of endothelin-1 plasma level and reduction of ocular blood flow in a patient with optic neuritis.
Glad to be at your service
Chantal Mangold · Reception, Diagnostics
- 2010 – 2014 Training for druggist EFZ, Drogerie Bielmann
- 2014 – 2018 Druggist EFZ, Drogerie Bielmanns
- 2017 – 2018 Training for medical secretary, HWS Basel
- 2018 – 2020 Medical secretary, Practice Dr. med. A. Prünte
Rosalba Fröhlich · Orthoptist
- 1986 – 1989 Training for qualified orthoptist, University Eye Clinic Basel
- Since 1989 Orthoptist at various private ophthalmological practices
- 2013 – 2021 Orthoptist at University Eye Clinic, Inselspital Berne
- 1994 – 2019 Head of the regional meeting of orthoptists in north-western Switzerland